How Do I Create My Own PLR?
by, 03-16-2012 at 01:34 PM (1564 Views)
This is part 10 of 10 where we'll answer questions about using Private Label Rights... These are excerpts from Nicole Dean's excellent PLR Basics report. Be sure to check out EasyPLR and CoachingPLR to get great deals on Private Label Rights...
How Do I Create My Own PLR?
Once you see how useful PLR is, you might be wondering if there's money to be made in offering your own PLR. The short answer is, Yes! There are many profitable PLR sites on the Internet, and there's no reason why you can't join their ranks. Before you put out your shingle and start shilling content, think about the following:
1. Do I understand PLR? If you're new to PLR, you need to do your homework before you even think about starting to offer your own PLR content. Do you fully understand the different categories of rights? Do you know who the big players are? Do you know who's using PLR? Do you know how to market to them? Until you do, you'll want to hold off. Start by buying PLR from others and seeing what's involved and then you'll be able to make a more educated decision.
2. Is this my main skill that I want to leverage? Just because you CAN do something well doesn't mean you SHOULD do it. Great writers are often also great communicators, teachers, and coaches. Just because you can write quickly and easily doesn't mean you have to use that particular skill as a PLR provider. Plus, all businesses need to be marketed, so, oftentimes writers start PLR sites but then don't know how to market them. Know yourself. If you think you'll enjoy writing and marketing your content as PLR, then it may be the right decision for you.
3. Will selling PLR become a distraction from my main business strategy? Yes, PLR can be lucrative. But it's hard to do everything well, and you may want to focus on your primary business for now, before taking on an additional business model.
4. What's already available in the market? If there are plenty of PLR sites generating great fitness-related content and that's your main niche, you may want to consider the level of competition before entering the fray. At the same time, the existence of competing sites shows there's probably a market for it – which could be a good thing. Just be clear on your unique selling proposition (USP) before you sink time and money into a new business plan.
5. Can I generate volume? PLR sites make their money on volume. If you don't already have a great list in your niche, it may take some time and effort before you can make a comfortable profit through a new PLR site. Conversely, if you're already well known in a particular industry, you may be able to get a bunch of clients from Day One of your launch.
6. Can I start small-scale? Instead of starting your own site, you could start by writing for other PLR sites, or by selling on a smaller scale to a handful of selected customers. This method will allow you to build your clientele and your backlog before going whole-hog into a complete business.
After going through the list above, you'll have a better feel for whether starting a PLR site is right for you.
I hope you're enjoying this 10-part eCourse. Please leave a comment below. As always, tell all your friends. We've made that incredibly easy and profitable for you to do: See the link at the top of the page that says: Click here to make money with this page...
Login to the site; click on that link; copy it; and promote it via Facebook, Twitter, forums, email and using any other non-spam technique.
The rest of the series is at:
Part 1 - What Is PLR: The Basics
Part 2 - Who Should Consider Using PLR?
Part 3 - What Are the Benefits of PLR?
Part 4 - What Should I Look for in PLR Content?
Part 5 - How Do I Find PLR?
Part 6 - What Are the Different PLR Rights and What Do They Mean?
Part 7 - What can I Use PLR for?
Part 8 - How do I Customize PLR?
Part 9 - What are the Biggest Mistakes to Avoid?0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Love