User Tag List

Thread: How important is Clickbank marketplace for getting affiliates? Affiliate quandry...

Assistant Editor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.59%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0%
    Achievements Intermediate PosterHappy Anniversary!Aging FastA Whole Month!No Longer a Newbie

Default How important is Clickbank marketplace for getting affiliates? Affiliate quandry...

We're trying to automate and simplify but we have an affiliate problem.

We sell print books and e-books but Clickbank will only handle e-books, so we have not been using affiliates to promote print book sales.

We found that we can implement WP eStore and WP Affiliate Platform, which would allow is to use one system to track affiliate commissions and process all orders fro print books AND e-books rather than having to use 2 payment systems. This would significantly simplify our lives.

We have also had problems with some affiliate sales on lower priced items (like $6.48) because the Clickbank fees take so much that the affiliates don't make enough to get excited about it. $1.49 is an exorbitant fee on a $6.48 order.

If I implement this system without Clickbank, it will simplify life greatly from a technical standpoint, but I have been told that we might have more difficulty getting affiliates if we don't keep selling on Clickbank. Apparently some affiliates can find us through the marketplace, but I question how much value there is in that since most affiliates referred by Clickbank don't sell much.

Before I keep racking my brain for a hybrid solution, can anyone tell me if there's a compelling benefit to keep selling our stuff through Clickbank?

Thanks!

Michael

Michael Kellam
    Kellam Media And Publishing, Inc.
    For Frugal Living Tips and Recipes, visit us at
    http://www.LivingOnADime.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.37%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0%
    Achievements Good posterScript WriterHappy Anniversary!Aging FastA Whole Month!

I don't think there's any express advantage to being in Clickbank Marketplace unless your product sells really well and rises in the ranks in the Marketplace - and that only happens when YOU work to promote your program

So, I wouldn't worry about leaving Clickbank.
    Kelly McCausey
    My 2014 Coaching Mastermind is Forming Now

http://www.smartcoachingskills.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    84.15%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0%
    Achievements Master PosterEverybody Loves Me!The Popular OneParty of FiveThree's a Crowd

I agree with Kelly. I think you would be wise to look for and recruit people who are already super affiliates in your niche and give them what they need to promote your products whether that be customized landing pages, coupon codes, promotional content, conversion stats or whatever.

I don't have any products on Clickbank, but what is the downside to just leaving your products there? I know they handle all the paperwork but is there an ongoing cost other than the fees they take on sales? For your other affiliates, you can use another program if that works better for them and you.
    Christine Cobb
    Instructor & Moderator

Get a free pass to the Tech Lab >> here

Assistant Editor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.59%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0%
    Achievements Intermediate PosterHappy Anniversary!Aging FastA Whole Month!No Longer a Newbie

Hi Kelly and Christine,

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. We only have a few superstar Affiliates but I was thinking that we would be better off recruiting them ourselves rather than letting them find us on Clickbank. Most of the ones that find us on Clickbank need a lot of help but never sell anything because they don't have relevant niches. I thought it would be better to recruit directly and give them all the tools they need.

If we change, we will be able to offer more items for affiliates to sell and particularly print books that usually sell well but that we haven't been able to offer to affiliates before. The new system would also give us more flexibility regarding a lot of the things you mentioned, Christine, and would significantly simplify our overall business model.

I wasn't intending to remove our products from Clickbank entirely. I was planning to remove the Clickbank links from our store if I implement this new system. I could make a separate store where only Clickbank links go but my concern is that if a Clickbank affiliate sends someone to that store and the person ends up on our regular site, the affiliate won't get a commission for that sale. I'm trying to make sure all affiliates get paid for all referrals.

In any case, we would keep our Clickbank account active as we sometimes promote affiliate products where the publishers use Clickbank.

Another benefit for us is savings on Clickbank Fees. We sell a LOT of small items so the Clickbank fees average 18.5% on each sale, which adds up to a LOT of money for us. If we change to the other system, payments would go through Paypal and average fees on the same items would be 6%, so we and the affiliates would make more money. (I calculated the average fees based on a study of last year's sales.)

Thanks a bunch for your input!

Michael

Michael Kellam
    Kellam Media And Publishing, Inc.
    For Frugal Living Tips and Recipes, visit us at
    http://www.LivingOnADime.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.37%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0%
    Achievements Good posterScript WriterHappy Anniversary!Aging FastA Whole Month!

Sounds like you have a good plan to implement!
    Kelly McCausey
    My 2014 Coaching Mastermind is Forming Now

http://www.smartcoachingskills.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.08%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0%

Michael,

I do lots of affiliate marketing, but I never search on Clickbank or CB Engine to find new products to promote. Instead, I recommend what I have used and benefited from. I agree completely with Chris and Kelly, and believe that you would do extremely well by having your raving fans share your info with their lists through their affiliate link and within your own system.

Connie
    You CAN Make Huge Profits With A Tiny List.,
    and I'll Show You How...
    http://HugeProfitsTinyList.com

Prolific Contributor richardschnur's Avatar
    Southeast Michigan, USA (Northease of Detroit)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.37%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0%
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!Aging FastA Whole Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat

I have promoted some of CB products, but they were ones I either bought for personal use or I bought them to check them out before promoting them. I won't promote what I don't know or like they say eat my own dog food.

They were cases of "He liked the razor so much he bought the company."
    Regards,

"I am your life's work. You are my life's work. That's what love is."

The 365 Quotes Project
    It's No Hobby
    Live By H.O.P.E.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.35%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0%
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!Aging FastA Whole Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh Meat

Well... a few thoughts.

1. I actually originally found you through the Clickbank Marketplace. I search it a lot for my niches - and to find products to recommend inside the PLR that I sell.

2. Are you optimized for your keywords in the marketplace? Set up all the vendor info? Have your hop ads in place? Got a sexy ad? lol.

Just throwing questions out there for you. Clickbank can attract affiliates in niche marketing, especially. Heck, Rosalind Gardner found one of my projects through there and promotes.

Best wishes with whatever you decide to do.
    N
    Nicole Dean from NicoleontheNet.com
    Online Business Mentor & Heckuva Person to Know

Need content for your blog?
    Click here ->
    FREE PLR | Brandable Articles | Brandable Reports | Free: Printable Blog Title Brainstorning Ideas